Wednesday 20 October 2010

Art qulits




For a swap using fabric paper, I decided to make an art quilt. While I was at it I thought I might as well make three. One of my daughters went off with one, which left me with the two turquoise ones. The backgrounds are made from baby wipes which I had used to clean my stamps. They went nowhere near my new grandson, honest. The fabric paper birds and squares were then sewn on with my sewing machine, or attached with beads. Some beads were also added to the finished quilt.

3 comments:

Heather said...

These are so pretty Wendy. It's amazing what you can do with baby wipes besides wiping babies! I love the colours and the bird shapes.

Netty said...

They are terrific Wendy, Annette x

Kate Creates - a lot of mess, just ask my family..... said...

These are so pretty, and I'm a sucker for anything with birds.

Blog Archive