Monday 24 September 2012

Bird house book P, Q, R

P, Q, and R for the bird house book have taken me ages this time, as I seem to have been away from home a lot. I did so want to do Peacock for P but pheasant was a lot easier, so pheasant it was. I found some pheasants on some fabric at the quilting festival, and cut one out to put on the page, the rest is fabric and machine stitching. Quail was all I could think of for Q, and this picture transferred onto fabric fitted the bill. He's sitting on fabric covered with scrim, which seems to be my fabric of the month. Robin was an obvious one for R, and they are die cut fabric, painted with watercolours and acrylics. The background is strange fabric coloured with acrylic paints, I think, I did this one ages ago.  




3 comments:

Heather said...

I love these pages Wendy. I love the way the pheasant is flying up out of the landscape and the house shape is such a great shape for the book as a whole.

Jean said...

Great bird house pages again, I like the pheasant one as well, lovely stitched landscape. Jean x

Unknown said...

oh wow Wendy...these are fabulous!!!! wonderful work!!!

Blog Archive