Friday 19 April 2013

Artful Times Challenge - Stencils-masks

For this challenge on Artful Times we had to use stencils and/or masks. I have this mission to use up my Dreamweavers embossing paste before it goes hard. I decided to make my usual tags and set about pushing the paste through my chosen stencils. The tags had been inked before hand. I was a bit surprised to find that when they were dry, the embossing paste had soaked up some of the colour from the inks. That will save me having to colour the paste now, as I will try to work with the colours, rather than try to alter them. Here are the first stages.





I am not sure what to do next, so thinking cap on. I have managed to do two Time ones, but still stuck with the other two. I will do those at a latter date, when inspiration strikes. I added several stamped images, and various charms to the tags, leaving a bit of the textured background showing.    
                         


7 comments:

chrissie said...

Terrific tag Wendy

Love Chrissie xx

Von said...

wonderful Tags Wendy :) especially love the last one :)
Thank you for sharing with us at Artful Times
Von ♥

Heather said...

They are all looking good to me Wendy. I love the purple one and the cog wheel shapes too.

Heathers Inspiration said...

Gorgeous creative pieces, really love them x

lena-dailyscrap said...

Beautiful tags, both of them!

Yvonne Moxon said...

Two great tags !

Neet said...

How interesting to read about the ink soaking up into the paste. Must try that as I love the effect. Need I comment on the last one - you know and everyone does that I am a great "time" lover - it's fab!
Thanks for joining us at Artful Times - Hugs, Neet (sorry I am so late, busy getting ready for other things that got in the way) xx

Blog Archive