Friday 3 December 2010

Altered board book







I stripped all the plastic coating from the pages and painted them with gesso. I then covered them with various papers. The cover is sprayed with Glimmer mists, and I ripped up some corrugated card, which I also sprayed. I stamped some script and clocks on the flat bits.
Every set of pages has a different theme: Vintage , vintage children, black and white, clocks, and not forgetting silly bird. Some of the pages have shrink plastic clocks on, some purchased ones, and some of Tim's cogs. I really enjoyed doing this, and am now going to do an altered book on time, so that I can include a few ATCs that I have collected from various crafting friends.

4 comments:

Netty said...

It looks terrific Wendy although it must have been hard to strip that plastic coating. Annette x

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous and what a great shape for a board book! Love how each page is so different.

Heather said...

Lots of work there Wendy but the results are worth it - your book is great. I love the colours you have worked with and the images you have used.

Sherry said...

I love it Wendy!! I like how you made the most of the circular cut out in the board book. Each page is so different and there's so much to look at. Fantastic!!

(There are so many different clocks there it reminded me of the mad professor in the first Back To The Future film!)

Blog Archive