Friday 3 December 2010

Tim Holtz 12 Christmas tags Day 2 & 3



Can anybody tell me why I made my tags so big, the second day one took some filling. Day 2 I had not a thing that was used by Tim, but day 3, wow I had the bird cutter. I found the second one quite difficult, as I have very few Christmas stamps. Pine trees yes, but no other useful ones. The bird is a wooden one that I have made into a robin, and as the top right hand corner looked bare I made a tissue flower .
The third one I enjoyed making as I love birds, and I could use my fav branch stamp. The lichen fell off a tree in the garden, and it was in and dried. No digging under the snow to find some. I didn't have tissue tape, so used stamped repair tissue, and an old button. The greetings thingy is stamped with two stamps, and attached with a paper clip, as I don't have any of the funny pin things Tim used.
I suppose I had better go and feed the men, they will be getting fed up with me being in here all day, making tags.. Tomorrow we have friends here for dinner, so I will make the next one on Sunday.

12 comments:

Femmy said...

these tags are beautiful Wendy!!!

Netty said...

Ooh what fabby tags Wendy. I adore your improvisations, that is so clever, brilliant everything.
Annette x

Heather said...

Your tags are gorgeous Wendy, and all the more special for being made with individual things from your own stash.

Artyjen said...

Hi Wendy...great that you wanted to join the splinter group :)
About the linky thing....I think the problem is that on the first tag you posted you typed in your generic blog address....and you are probably using this for the next one too....you need to type in the web address of the specific post...you can do this by clicking on the title of your blog post which will make the web address appear in the box at the top of your browser...highlight this and copy and paste...for your post today is should read http://wendyscraftjournal.blogspot.com/2010/12/tim-holtz-12-christmas-tags-day-2-3.html

I bet that is as clear as mud!! LOL
If it is not that I'm afraid I don't have a clue
xoxo Sioux

Trudy said...

loveing your tags

Meggymay said...

Love your take on the tags Wendy, they are gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love your birds & tissue flowers Wendy! x

The Dolphin Inn said...

Oh these are so pretty Wendy, I like the muted colours and the lichen looks fab ! great work on both of them, did the men get fed lol, mine did - only just and only when I had finished the tag lol, cant wait to see your next one xxx

Fliss said...

These are gorgeous Wendy and I love those trees which look fabulous on the blue background.
The second one is great too.
x

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Lovely tags Wendy :D
I ahd the opposite problem and made mine too small LOL
Julie xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous tag Wendy and I love how you have used your own stuff to make it. Very creative!

Sherry said...

You're right Wendy, these tags are addictive! Love your green one in particular.

Blog Archive