Monday 6 December 2010

Tim Holtz 12 days of Christmas tags Day 6


I just knew that flipping reindeer would appear before too long. Not a good start, I didn't have anything, so had to be devious. I used the fir tree die ( only bought it last week) for the trees on the left, and one of my flourish collection to stamp the background Used a ribbon at the bottom, and made a greetings thingy. Now comes the devious bit. I scanned in the reindeer from the picture on the sale packet and enlarged it. Cut it out of grungepaper and embossed with a circle embossing folder, only because I couldn't find my scroll one. I found it after I had finished. I had to mix a blue paint for the deer, and am not very pleased with the result. The embossing folder wasn't as deep as Tim's so it is not as effective.. I don't have any metal word things either so hung some bells on instead.

11 comments:

Heather said...

Another great Christmas tag - I love the little bells Wendy.

Jan said...

Well done... it obviously pays to be devious! Great result.... I love the fir trees too.

Meggymay said...

Love your deviousness, it worked brillaintly. Super tag Wendy.

Donna said...

Gorgeous Tag, love what you did with scanning the reindeer!
Donna x

Artyjen said...

Yep! That darned reindeer turned up! LOL
Thanks for joining in at the splinter group again... and sharing that gorgeous tag..think the fir trees are a great addition;)
xoxo Sioux

Netty said...

Wow ingenuity all the way Wendy, it looks fab you did a terrific job. Annette x

flutterbycrafter said...

Well, I think you;ve done a wonderful job with this very difficult tag, not many people have the reindeer.

Fliss said...

Gorgeous! I think we're all having to get more devious but just think how much money we'll save!
x

Anonymous said...

Great bit of improvisation Wendy! It's fabulous!

The Dolphin Inn said...

Very pretty interpretation Wendy, I am really liking the muted colours, xxx

Artyjen said...

Hi! Me again! Thanks for playing along at SCD for the tree theme nice to see you there...I'm hoping this is the tag you mean...'cos I'm in a bit of a daze from commenting on the 12 tags of
T!m's! LOL
xoxo Sioux

Blog Archive