Tuesday 7 December 2010

Tim Holtz 12 days of Christmas tags Day 7


All I had today were the alphabets for the Joyful bit at the bottom. I used a cuttlebug embossing folder for the background, but had to use it twice as my tag is too big. The join is hidden under the flower. I glued some canvas to the grungepaper with great difficulty, the only glue that worked was UHU. The flower I cut out with a sizzix flower die, which seemed to work. I didn't have the rock candy stickles, so used diamond instead. Not as good as it has gold in it. I had a grungeboard flourish,which I painted silver. I used a coin with a ring on the top, and used 3D glaze over the top.
It has taken me ages with frequent interuptions from the men folk who were trying to defrost the pipes in the roof, and that's with leaving the heating on all night.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Another brilliant piece of work in spite of all the interruptions. Hope your pipes are thawed now. It's a bit early in the winter for such low temperatures - makes you wonder what else is in store for us. Keep warm!

Fliss said...

So lovely Wendy and that's a clever idea to hide the join. I have to say I've done a similar thing in the past as if you don't see it you wouldn't know.
x

Meggymay said...

Super tag Wendy your substitutes are brill. I haven't started mine yet.

Netty said...

Oh Wendy this is just beautiful, I love your creation.
Goodness me fancy the pipes being frozen, hope they can defrost them. Annette x

Artyjen said...

Hi! Pretty flower.....wow that sounds cold!
Thanks for linking to my splinter group ;)
xoxo Sioux

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Ooo Wendy your tag is gorgeous!!
Julie xx

Donna said...

Beautiful Tag, and love how you made the little type charm! never thought of using a coin.
Donna x

The Dolphin Inn said...

Your imporvisations worked a treat Wendy this is fab !!! I used the same embossing folder on mine and also had to join it in the middle, my tags are huge too lol xxx

Blog Archive