Sunday 20 January 2013

Distress ink book

This is for a swap, in which the monthly theme was to use distress inks to make something for your partner. I inked a giant tag with peacock feathers, evergreen bough, and a small amount of wild honey distress inks. I then splashed it with quite a bit of water to get that lovely mottled look.
When it was dry I scored the fold lines and stamped my clock background stamp with peacock feathers ink.  The inside I used a cogs stencil with peacock feathers ink, on an inked background.
The die cut cogs were also coloured with distress inks, in vintage photo. The black ones were embossed and coloured with treasure gold.
The pages are different types of water colour paper and canvas, so my swap partner can try out different paints or inks on them.
 The book open to show a bit of the inside.
Last of all I put a turquoise eyelet in and threaded some fine ribbon through.

4 comments:

Jean said...

What a fabulous little book,and a great idea. I love the gorgeous colours too. Jean x

chrissie said...

What a great idea and the colours are wonderful.

Love Chrissie xx

Heather said...

I love this Wendy and the colours are beautiful. What a great effect the splashed water has on those inks.

Neet said...

I do like this and the colour is fabulous. Like the cogs but then I am a bit of a Steampunk nut as you well know. Still, everyone will like this regardless of their taste.
Hugs
Neet xx

Blog Archive