Thursday 17 October 2013

Artful Times - Feeling Distressed

The theme on Artful Times is Feeling Distressed. As our internet has been terrible I am feeling distressed, but putting a photo of me on the site would not be a good idea.
It's a tag again, this time combining fabric with the card. The background is distress inks, sprayed with water, and drops of water. The ink that went onto the magazine I was using, I tore up and glued that on. The leaf I used distress crackle paint, and distress paint on. The side strip is distressed lutradur, and the bottom purple bit is distressed tyvek, both zapped with a heat gun, after painting.. The butterflies are made from lutradur.
I would have liked to spend more time on this, but I am doing this in a hurry, before we loose our internet, and before I go off on a three day course in a few hours.



8 comments:

Meggymay said...

Fantastic tag, love the distressing and the textures.
Yvonne

chrissie said...

Beautiful tag with great ideas. Always good to see anything with lots of texture.

Love Chrissie xx

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Amazing vibrant colored tag, love it!
Have a nice weekend,
Higs Anja

Heather said...

This is so pretty and doesn't look as if it was made in a hurry at all. I love the images and the colours. Hope you enjoy your course and that your Internet connection will behave itself.

hazel said...

A beautiful tag - great textures and lovely colours.
xxx Hazel.

Ann said...

Beautiful tag - I love the vibrant colours & texture!!
Ann-R xx

Sandra's Spot said...

Wonderful tag Wendy love the colour and the texture is amazing. Hugs Sandra XXX

Neet said...

Superb tag Wendy. Like how you used Lutrador in parts of it and your choice of Distress Inks was great.
Thanks for joining us at Artful Times - Hugs, Neet xx

Blog Archive