Friday 14 March 2014

Artful Times Challenge 51 --- Use a game piece

I have now joined the design team on Artful Times, and this challenge is to use a game piece. For my contribution I have used a large piece of a child's jigsaw puzzle, which I will add to, and make into a time/steampunk book.
First of all, I painted gesso onto the picture side to give it a key for the texture paste.


I then added some texture paste through some stencils and then another coat of gesso . When dry I added some card and metal cogs, a steampunk clock with a bee on, and  again, another coating of gesso was applied.


Then came the nice part, painting the whole thing in my favourite colours. As I usually do time and steampunk in brown/orange type colours, this was a bit of a change. I did tone the colours down a bit with some more gesso.


Do go and see what the others in the team have done, and join in yourself.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Fascinating to learn the steps in producing such a great result. Love the colours and textures. I think I have some jigsaw pieces tucked away somewhere - I must fish them out and have a play myself.

Merlesworld said...

It has turned out well.
Merle.......

Meggymay said...

Congratulations Wendy. Its a fabulous puzzle piece make over.
Yvonne x

Von said...

Really lovely to have you join us Wendy :) thatis going to be one super book going by the cover
Von ♥

chrissie said...

This is wonderful Wendy and a great first piece as a DT memeber with us at Artful--a big welcome :)

Love Chrissie x

Deann said...

Wonderful very creative and beautiful too.

Neet said...

Love how you have done your jigsaw piece Wendy - funny how we both thought of using the same thing - and a book!!! Nuff said - we know one another.
Hugs, Neet
ps love the colours

Sandra's Spot said...

Hi Wendy congrats on joining the DT and a wonderful debut project love the steampunk look and colour is great. Hugs Sandra XXX

Blog Archive