Tuesday 25 April 2017

Every Inchie Monday -- Butterfly

As lovely as butterflies are it was not a good idea to make one with wire, cover it with organza and then embroider on top. Fiddly does not cover the problems I had with it. It doesn't look very good on the scan, and only slightly better in real life.
This was after we had spent 4 1/2 hours trying to get home after trip to Derbyshire. It took us 1hr and 50 mins to get there and all that time coming home due to someone trying to jump off a bridge on the M40. We were not on that motorway but everything was then sent to the M42 which was the one we were on. We were really stressed out and were drinking hot milk and honey at 4 am and watching an episode of New Tricks.
Back to the inchies, the stampbord one is made with friendly plastic, which has unfortunately been discontinued in the lovely coloured form. You can only get it in pellets which you have to colour yourself. Added to all the above my scanner refused to speak to the computer, so I had to sort it out. Luckily for it, it's too high up for me to kick



9 comments:

chrissie said...

Both the inches look great to me Wendy so well done

Sorry about your nightmare journey

Love Chrissie xx

JennyJ said...

Wow Wendy, your stitched butterfly is gorgeous love the delicacy of the organza with the beads - I think it really works but I know what you mean about fiddly and I don't think it would get any better the more you do!!! The stampboard one is so pretty too, shame the colour one is discontinued but if you coloured this yourself it's wonderful. I know how annoying it is to have a 2 hour journey made into double that by some inconsiderate behaviour on the motorway - we get it all the time especially with road closures because of night maintenance!! And to add an incompatible scanner you must have had steam coming out your ears!!! Yes it was great seeing you Saturday and I look forward to seeing you soon for a play day!!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Your inchies are both fab. Love the comment about it being too high up to kick, I know that feeling! Hugs, Valerie

Heather said...

Love the blue butterfly and the stitched one is amazing considering how tiny it is, and on that scale even one small stitch in the wrong place shouts. Hope you have recovered from your traumatic journey.

freebird7100 said...

Both are beautiful but I love the tactile look of the 2nd butterfly!

inkyfingy said...

Both your butterflies are just delightful...I certainly appreciate the time and effort getting the stitched and beaded one to look so spekky...well done. My husband quite believes in percussive therapy when dealing with recalcitrant printers, so I keep three of ours in my craft room to protect them from him ;)
Dixx

sally said...

Well....I'm sure they are both delightful but....I too am having tech problems....NO PICS, so I can only see the one on the link!!! I'll try & see them again later.....


Sally

sally said...

Ok, both pics are there now....and they are great!

Sally

Trillian As said...

Your butterflies are wonderful. The seconed one is even better than the first one.

Blog Archive