Monday 25 December 2017

Every Inchie Monday -- Goat

For the last inchie the animal is goat. When I lived in the Highlands of Scotland we had a Anglo Nubian goat who was as much use for milking as a piece of wood. We might have managed some sap from the wood, but as soon as you went anywhere near the rear end of Polly, she sat down. No way would she get up. She wasn't much use at eating the grass either, but loved my MIL's  lupins and roses.
What she did love were polo mints and would run down our long drive when she heard the school car bringing the children back from school. My son usually had poll mints in his pocket, and was greeted by Polly waiting to stick her nose in his pocket. Paul used to hate this as the other boys used to tease him about his girl friend Polly. So here is Polly




6 comments:

inkyfingy said...

I love your story of Polly and your inchies are both wonderful...I hope your Christmas has been a lovely as ours, Dx

Heather said...

I love goats and grew up with them - my grandmother kept them and they were more obliging than Polly. You have captured 'goat' perfectly in both your versions, and once again I have to remind myself just how tiny they are.

JennyJ said...

I love your story about your goat and what a fine specimen she is - your embroidery of her is spot on she’s gorgeous - hope you had a lovely Christmas and managed to relax somewhat !? Lots of love and will catch up soon - I’m going to miss these inchies and blogging x will speak soon x have now finished all if mine - in a bit if a rush mind you and will put them on tomorrow x x loads of love x

JennyJ said...

I’ve just left a comment on Trillians goat and Jolande has left a message - she and Maigret would like to carry on administrating EIM so I though you might like to know it might still be on next year - Happy New Year x x love Jenny x

freebird7100 said...

What an adorable story! I bet it was cute to see

sally said...

What a lovely goat story and also great news that the group is continuing into 2018. Happy New Year to you.

Sally

Blog Archive